My sister and brother-in-law live a keto lifestyle. It's always great eating at their house, as their meals always consist of delicious meats and sauces (and none of the guilt). What is sometimes tough, however, are the dessert cravings, as many traditional desserts are off-limits for keto. Problem solved with my sister's awesome keto blueberry crumble recipe! As they have been keto for over two years, they are able to have fruits (healthy carbs) in moderation, so this dessert is a major treat!
This deliciousness is also pretty easy to make!
I am pretty sure that the magic lies in this layer of cream cheese...
The combination of almond flour and coconut make for a topping that toasts really nicely
OK, enough teasing. Here's the recipe!
Keto Blueberry Cream Cheese Crumble
- 4 cups frozen organic blueberries, partially defrosted by sitting at room temperature
- Sugar-free sweetener of choice (I love Splenda; my sister prefers liquid stevia)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. coconut chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer blueberries in the bottom of a 2 qt. baking dish
- Dust a layer of Splenda (or evenly distribute drops of liquid stevia) over the blueberries, to taste
- Cut the cream cheese into thin slices, and layer evenly over the blueberries
- In a bowl, mix melted butter, salt, almond flour, coconut flour, and shredded coconut together until dry ingredients are completely moistened, but with mixture still chunky
- Spoon the crumble over the top of the cream cheese layer
- Optional: sprinkle coconut chips on top for added texture
- Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until blueberries are bubbling and the top is golden brown.