Pulling these costumes together was ridiculously easy and budget-friendly. Here is how we did each one (Emmet, Batman, Wyldstyle, and Benny).
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. This does not cost you anything additional, and helps me to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
|The whole family together in costume|
|Action shot (posed by Grayson) with our Lego claw hands|
DIY Emmet Brickowski Halloween Costume
- Emmet boy's hoodie from Amazon
- Orange Gymster pants from Gymboree
- A box, spray painted red was the piece of resistance, which we duct taped to the back of the hoodie
DIY Lego Batman Halloween Costume
DIY Wyldstyle Halloween Costume
- Wyldstyle hoodie from Design by Humans (an adult version of this hoodie was really hard to find!)
- Scuba leggings from Express
- Black Robienne booties from JustFab (I am getting tons of mileage out of these booties already this fall). If you're not a member of JustFab yet, click here to join (disclosure: this is an affiliate link, which means I receive commission from JustFab if you sign-up using the link)!
- Pink clip-in hair extension strip (in Rose Red) from Amazon
- Blue clip-in hair extension strip (in light blue) from Amazon
Clip-in extensions and a high, side ponytail is all you need for Wyldstyle's hair.
DIY Benny the 1980-Something Spaceman Costume
It really could not have been easier, and since they were all hoodies, the kids (and the adults) will be able to easily re-use them for fun during the winter months.
Don't forget to pin this one for Halloween for next year!