Our little family loves to camp, and we love experimenting with s'mores (click here to see my post with s'mores variations recipes to keep things exciting at your next campout). I recently had to come up with some camping-themed treats for a party (more details on that will be on the blog soon). A camping-themed party would not be, well, a camping-themed party if s'mores weren't involved. Here is a mess-free snack that captures the goodness of s'mores without a camp fire.
S'Mores on a Stick
What you need:
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate candy melts
- Wax paper
- Cake pop sticks
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in a bowl per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs in another bowl.
- When the chocolate is melted, set the bowls of chocolate and graham cracker crumbs side by side.
- Dip a marshmallow into the chocolate, covering it about halfway. Use a spoon to smooth off the excess chocolate.
- Next, while the chocolate is still wet on the marshmallow, dip the tip of the chocolate-covered marshmallow into the graham cracker crumbs.
- You may want to roll the tip of the marshmallow around to get a nice, even coverage of graham cracker crumbs on the tip of the chocolate. Leaving some of the chocolate exposed has a nice look to it, but you can add as much graham cracker crumble as you want. .
- Set the marshmallow on wax paper to cool and allow the chocolate to dry and firm up.
- After the chocolate has dried and firmed completely, insert a cake pop stick into the non-dipped side of the marshmallow.
- Final step: enjoy! Both the kids and I loved these; they are really tasty.
Stay tuned for next week's post with more camping-themed party snack ideas. Don't forget to share and pin if you are inspired!