I actually was inspired to do this as I was applying my mascara, and realized that this is the only mascara for me. I am speaking of the amazing Chanel Inimitable Multi-Dimensional Mascara, which is available for about $30.00 a tube at fine retailers and the Chanel counter at department stores.
Photo source NeimanMarcus.com
Here are the reasons I kick the extra buck for this stuff:
1) Really gives the appearance of lengthening and separating lashes
2) Brush design somehow prevents it from ever getting gunky or misshapen
3) My prefered color (Noir, of course) is a rich, deep black
4) Helps hold eyelash curl nicely, even if you don't pre-curl
5) Color holds nicely throughout the day and is easily removed (unless you get the waterproof version, which is seriously waterproof)
6) One coat is really all you need... it goes on smoothly and evenly
Here is the before and after. The only difference in the two pictures is the application of one coat of mascara. I had already used an eyelash curler in the first picture, and as you can see, it wasn't until I actually applied the mascara that the real curl happened. As you can see for yourself, the mascara alone provided curl, length, separation, and nice bold color.
If you find yourself looking for a new mascara, I highly recommend you give this one a try.
Now, TGIF and have a fabulous 3-day weekend! I know I will!